Posted in Virtual Machine Manager, Windows Powershell | No Comment | 5,872 views | 12/10/2012 11:55
1. How to create RunAs Account?
2. How to get RunAs Account?
3. How to remove RunAs Account?
Posted in Windows Server | No Comment | 14,577 views | 11/10/2012 11:09
I’ll show you how to create a CIFS share on EMC VNX storage.
1. First, we need to create network. Go to Settings -> Network -> Settings for File.
2. Set your network information.
Posted in Virtual Machine Manager, Windows Powershell | No Comment | 6,446 views | 10/10/2012 14:25
Somehow, you have to migrate a new Hyper-V v3 VM back to Hyper-V v2 environment?
Of course if you need to migrate a VM from Hyper-V v2 to Hyper-V v3, you can use this script for quick migration:
If you export a virtual machine from Hyper-V v3 and try to import Hyper-V v2, Hyper-V gives this error:
Because Hyper-V v3 export is not compatible with old version of Hyper-V.
Achieve this problem, you need to use this Powershell export script on Hyper-V v3.
Before exporting virtual machine, do following steps:
1. Remove your all disks file from virtual machines.
Thanks to Ben, this script exports VM config in Hyper-V v2 style.
Now download EXP template from here:
Open your exported .exp file and template.exp file in the zip file with a text editor.
You will see $Replace1, $Replace2, $Replace3 and $Replace4 in template.exp.
Follow these steps for modification:
1. Replace this one with your virtual machine GUID: $Replace1
2. Replace this one with your virtual machine name: $Replace2
3. Replace this one with your virtual machine MAC address: $Replace3
4. Replace this one with your virtual machine ethernet port GUID: $Replace4
5. Finally, replace template.exp file name with your exported .exp file name.
Now you can import it to Hyper-V v2. After import, you can attach your virtual disks to VM again.