Posted in Windows Server | No Comment | 2,190 views | 31/10/2016 13:35
Nano Server monitoring is kind of a challenge for System Administrators. Even if your current monitoring product supports Nano Server, installing agents on Nano could be a headache.
In this article, I will show you how to monitor your Nano Server with VirtualMetric’s Bare Metal Monitoring feature.
VirtualMetric supports following Windows OS without agent and additional software requirements:
* Windows Server 2003/2003 R2
* Windows Server 2008/2008 R2
* Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
* Windows Server 2016
* Nano Server
* Windows 7/8/10
VirtualMetric Bare Metal Monitoring provides:
* More than 100 Performance Counters (All Customizable)
* Hardware Health (Currently supported hardwares are IBM, Dell, HP, SuperMicro, Fujitsu and Cisco)
* Change Tracking
* Event and Security Log Collection
* TCP Activity for Network Based Attacks like DDoS etc.
* Firewall Log Collection (Dropped & Allowed Packets)
* Assessments like Pending Updates, Hotfixes, Services, Processes etc.
First, lets start installing our Nano Server on Azure.
1. Go to your Azure Dashboard and find Nano server in compute: