Installing FFmpeg, MPlayer and MEncoder on CPanel and Centos 6 on Hyper-V
Posted in Linux Server, Virtual Machine Manager | 8 Comments | 19,950 views | 03/10/2011 13:52
You need FFmpeg, MPlayer and MEncoder for video processing. I’ll show you how to install and configure it on Hyper-V.
You can see CentOS 6 installation on Hyper-V at the following posts:
So I assume you have a CentOS 6 with Hyper-V LIS v3.1. So lets continue with our installation.
1. Install the DAG GPG key.
2. Download RPMforge-release package.
3. Verify the RPMforge-release package you have downloaded.
4. Install the RPMforge-release package.
5. Now we can install FFmpeg, MPlayer and MEncoder.
6. You may get this error when you try to install components.
Requires: perl-SGMLSpm >= 1.03ii
7. Download perl-SGMLSpm package to CentOS.
8. perl-SGMLSpm may require OpenJade.
9. Let’s install openjade on CentOS.
10. Try re-install perl-SGMLSpm.
11. After perl-SGMLSpm installation, you can continue to install FFmpeg, MPlayer and MEncoder.
12. Now, you can test your ffmpeg installation.
If you see same results on your server, it means your ffmpeg is ready.
Tags: centos 6 video processing, ffmpeg centos 6, ffmpeg on centos 6, mencoder centos 6, mplayer centos 6
Leave a Reply