Future of Linux Support: Ubuntu 12 on Hyper-V v3
Posted in Linux Server, Virtual Machine Manager | 4 Comments | 8,605 views | 26/03/2012 04:19
Ubuntu 12 is coming with Hyper-V drivers for the best integration and usability. Ubuntu 12 is still in Beta like Hyper-V v3 but results are promising. I’m posting some important screenshots from Ubuntu 12. You can also find benchmark results of new Ubuntu 12 on Hyper-V v3.
1. Ubuntu Login Screen and no “SMBus Base Address Uninitialized” warning anymore!
2. Ubuntu 12 recognizes Hyper-V synthetic network driver by default.
3. Let’s see installed Hyper-V modules.
4. Unfortunately, there is no KVP service with Ubuntu 12. (I used Set-LinuxVM for KVP test)
5. Integrated shutdown is coming with out-of-box.
6. Ubuntu 12 recognizes disks as scsi devices.
7. We are able to use all CPU power. (I used “stress” command)
8. Here you can see benchmark results on my desktop PC.
These are good results for a desktop PC. Probably you will get much better results with your server and storage.
Leave a Reply